Once upon a time, two women came together with a shared idea. Looking around, Angela Prentner-Smith didn’t see anyone else in Scotland offering a business transformation service, so she decided to step up and give it a go.
That once upon a time took place just a few years ago and in the subsequent months, a lot has happened. The idea has taken seed and that seed has grown into a business development agency called This Is Milk. Two and a half years and 20 clients later, we’ve surpassed milestones that we could previously only have dreamed of – and this is just the beginning.
As This is Milk celebrates its two-and-a-half birthday, it seems an appropriate time to reflect on the journey so far and to look ahead at what’s still to come.
So what’s happened since Angela first floated the idea of This is Milk? Let’s see. We’ve. had...
- Attracted over 20 clients in 16 industries
- Created a board of 3 businesswomen
- Supported 5 internships
- Taken on team members
- Hosted 5 Milk Bars
Milk Bars? That’s the name given to our quarterly free events which are designed for anyone who shares a passion for making business better. Five Milk Bars have been held to date, with hundreds of delegates attending to exchange ideas and learn ways to improve their business.
Catching up to the present day and it’s all systems go here at This is Milk as we plot a course for the next two years. We’ve got bold goals and exciting plans to foment, but before we can level up, there are a few tasks to tick off:
- Moving premises. We’re leaving our office in a former prison and claiming our freedom by fleeing to a new enterprise centre this month
- Participating at prestigious industry events. We’re privileged to have been nominated for no less than three awards this year, there are not more important things to be doing, like looking out our heels and cocktail dresses for awards season
- New everything. It’s not just the TiM offices that are getting an upgrade: we’re also adding to our team as well as expanding our services and taking on new clients and partnerships
We’re excited to discover what the next years will hold and we’d love you to join us on the journey. Get in touch and let’s see what we can do to grow your business together.