We’ll host our trainee for 3 weeks, starting in mid-November and we’re already making a list of work they can get involved in to gain some practical experience of digital working.
What do we have to offer our trainee?
Most of our client projects use transferrable skills, valuable to any online business, so we’re well placed to offer some great grounding to our girl or guy. Some ideas we’ve had so far include:
- Website usability audits
- Customer journey mapping
- Creating user stories
- Customer insight listening
- Social media strategy
- Digital promotion
Skills for life...
To provide a well rounded experience we’ve also been thinking about how we run our own business day-to-day and what works best for us. Some of the new tools we’ve come across in the first few months of This is Milk have proven invaluable for our productivity and collaboration as a remote team. So our trainee will be getting involved in:
- Team Google hangouts – keeps the communication flowing when we’re apart.
- Video meetings with clients – one of our clients lives in Canada!
- Digital project planning collaboration - Trello, Slack, Evernote, the choices are endless.
- Shared task tracking – so we stay on the straight and narrow.
- Idea jams – lots of tea and scribbling on the wall makes for excellent lightbulb moments.
- Advanced social search for learning – helps us sift through the mountain of customer and industry research available and get specific.
These skills are only going to get more important in future and we can’t wait to share them. And we know we’ll learn a lot too.
We haven’t been allocated a college yet but we’re looking forward to meeting our new friend and welcoming them to the wonderful world of This is Milk! The extra pair of hands will really come in handy too….!
BBC Make it Digital in Scotland are still looking for employers to offer placements to students.
Learn more about the programme and get involved here